Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Petrol pipe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimlagos Posted - 27 Nov 2015 : 19:20:20
Can anyone tell me if the pipe between the pump and the fuel tank is the same for all Series Rapiers? I have enquired about new fuel pipe and brake pipes for my Series V, the manufacturer apparently has dimensions for Series 1 to 3 inclusive but not on the Series 5. I rather hope that the fuel pipes are the same on all models.

jim
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimlagos Posted - 27 Nov 2015 : 21:58:56
Thank you gentlemen.
When I rebuilt an Austin A40 Farina saloon a few years ago, I bought a complete set of brake and fuel pipes from Automec. I was impressed with their accuracy, pipe lengths and terminal ends were spot on. I've just enquired about buying the same for a Rapier Series V, and they have information on the brake pipes but nothing on the fuel pipe! They told me that if I can supply accurate information on the brake pipe, and it was successfully fitted, they would greatly reduce the cost. I reckon I’ll just measure the length and end fitting, and send it on!

jim
pruyter Posted - 27 Nov 2015 : 21:20:45
I have been looking in the parts list too and of course I have found the same as John has, but i have also found refences to the series 5 and that shows that from series 4 with chassisnumber B 3300017 up to series 5 with chassisnumber B 325001197 the same petrol pipe is used.From series 5 with chassisnumber B 325001198 to the last of the series 5 is used the last type of the petrol pipe.

Regards,

Peter
johnc Posted - 27 Nov 2015 : 20:38:00
Hi again Jim,
I've looked in the Part Book and can only find reference to changes of pipe parts nos.relating to the early Series cars upto SIV.No reference to SV.
When I replaced the pipes on my SIV I just checked internal/external diameters and obtained Cunifer pipe to the correct size.
I fitted it in one length from the tank to pump with a short length of flexible petrol pipe at the pump end to avoid any vibration weakening.
I used the same approach with my brake pipes regarding size. I made them to the correct shape and my local garage flared and fitted the unions at no cost!
I do have to be a little more 'inventive'over here but usually find my solutions work fine.

Regards
John

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000