Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 Introducing Myself and My Rapier

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bobm Posted - 30 Mar 2016 : 09:00:41
Hello Rapier Enthusiasts

I'm Bob Marsden, a new member of the SROC and from January the very happy and proud owner of a Sunbeam Rapier Series V in Silver Grey Metallic with an Embassy Black roof.

My Rapier has just had a full service, maintenance and bodywork condition check and has passed its MoT Test with no advisories. So we are now ready for a gloriously warm and sunny English Summer to take her on days out and to attend local shows.

My Rapier has a garage mate,a Singer Gazelle Series VI in Polar White with Pippin Red side stripes, which I have owned since February 2014. Both appear in the attached photo.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bobm Posted - 12 Oct 2016 : 10:08:07
Hi Royston,
Good to hear from you.
Sybil according to the garage "flew through" its first MoT Test in my ownership yesterday! Not bad for a 56 year old car.
I live in Weston Turville just outside Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. If you're ever up this way I'd be delighted to meet you and show off Sibyl.
I've just joined the Club Committee and my contact details are in the latest Autumn 2016 Cut and Thrust on Page 31.
There are some things with Sibyl I'd apprecaite your advice on.
Best wishes
Bob
Royston Posted - 30 Aug 2016 : 18:51:36
Hi Bob, great to see that you're in the Rapier mood, I too have a Sunbeam Rapier 3a which I drive regularly, plus a Rapier 3a convertible, that has not been on the road for 30 years , but is now nearing its first attempt at an MOT for a very long time !
Where abouts in the country are you, I'd be interested to see your convertible sometime, I live in Kent near to Maidstone
Anyhow welcome to the forum and the world of Rapiers

Royston
with a Sunbeam in my life
bobm Posted - 25 Aug 2016 : 19:19:42
Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome! Hard evidence that I have caught the Rapier bug. I now have a Series III Convertible too, christened Sybil by my wife!

Stella Posted - 12 Apr 2016 : 11:10:36
Welcome to our friendly forum...

Your Rapier V looks great... am sure you will enjoy some outings in the English sunshine...
JPSH120 Posted - 06 Apr 2016 : 12:23:10
What a lovely pair

bobm Posted - 06 Apr 2016 : 08:37:45
Thanks for the welcome and sorry that I didn't manage to upload the photo so you could see it.
Fortunately the Administrator has made up for my lack of technical ability and made the photo viewable. Thanks
Administrator Posted - 06 Apr 2016 : 08:27:09
I changed the file name on the server and in the post and it now displays OK.
bigt80 Posted - 31 Mar 2016 : 17:34:02
Yes, welcome to the Forum Bob
Like Pruyter, I can't see your pic, so must have been a problem uploading. If they are too big - c. > 1Mb- then they won't be accepted, but the message isn't that clear that they've failed . Cheers. G
pruyter Posted - 30 Mar 2016 : 11:14:08
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum! I tried to open the photo but to no avail. It happens to be that the colours of your Series 5 are the same as my Series 4a has.

Regards,

Peter

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000