Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Rapier H120 for sale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JonandJude Posted - 13 Dec 2016 : 22:49:28
Have reluctantly decided to sell my Rapier as between the Land rover and company van its just not getting the use and it's such a shame to just leave it sitting around.
As some of you will remember she came up for sale a couple of years back for £10k having just had a complete rebuild.
After bringing CRU800L home I set about fettling a few bits and pieces.
The front suspension had a complete rebuild with poly bushes all round, new Spax adjustable shocks and shortened stiffened springs custom made by coilsprings.co.uk you can have the standard springs if you wish. Spax shocks also fitted to the rear and the car now drives very nicely indeed and the ride is far from harsh, firm but not hard I would say.
Car sits on period correct mini light type alloys but I do have a set of Rostyles that can go with it.
The steering was tightened up with a nos steering idler, custom made steering wheel boss and a genuine 70's Paddy Hopkirk dished wheel and she now steers very nicely with almost no noticeable play dead ahead.
Engine wise I fitted a complete electronic ignition system, with new distributor, coil, plugs and leads and she now starts every time first time and idles spot on.
A new water pump, thermostat, rad cap and recored radiator took care of the temperature so over heating is now a thing of the past.
Fuel tank was removed and I got as much of the old lining out as possible and then fitted a new fuel feed pipe that pushes up an inch into the tank so any flaking lining no longer gets sucked into the fuel line. Obviously new filters at both ends of the fuel line and new K&N's were fitted.
I also had a custom stainless steel exhaust system fitted, slightly larger diameter than standard with twin tailpipes. Sounds beautiful and definitely helps with breathing, there was a noticeable difference in performance on the way home.
Body work is all good and solid, there is no rust that I know of and she past the last mot with no advisories.
Also fitted a nos front bumper.
As for faults, the only mechanical fault I can think of is overdrive doesn't activate on 3rd gear which I think is the gearbox switch. Other than that it needs the interior doing which I never got round to even looking at. The plan was to fit some MX5 seats or similar, there are plenty of options on ebay.
Anyone interested can message me on here or just give me a call on 07988-518176 can do pics of any areas you want to see or if you want to come look I work from home so can be pretty flexible.
Looking for £7,500 or very near offer
PS the signature picture below makes it look like the door is warped or buldges out in the middle, it's weird but it doesn't.

1972 Rapier H120
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tgr747 Posted - 16 Dec 2016 : 20:46:06
hi,can you send me an email eyeofthetiger@tinyworld.co.uk

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000