Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Events
 Other
 Mischief!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Holbay120 Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 15:50:58
If any of you ever feel mischievous we discovered something quite by accident recently, I had forgotten to take the chairs to a show and some friends of ours with a 1935 Austin Seven which was parked next to us decided to go for a walk and invited us to borrow theirs, rather than move their stuff we just sat behind the Austin. Of course people assumed it was ours and we couldn’t help but overhear some of the comments about the Rapier when they think there is no-one there, some of it was hilarious!! – “ Oh it’s a Sunbeam they are French you know” – or “these were deathtraps they were known for the brakes failing!” said some with a very knowledgeable air, others were “ they brought this out to compete with the Ford Capri but it was never as good” or “ They based the Aston Martin Vantage on these”, (I wish!!) “these were rustbuckets the chassis used to rot” – “ what a funny looking car” - “ this was a great engine but you needed a petrol tanker following you” Of course there were some positive comments “ I always wanted a Rapier but couldn’t afford one”, and one chap, “ as soon as I sold mine I regretted it and have done ever since” – I liked him! And “Sheffield Motorway Cops had these, boy racers couldn’t get away from them” (did they?). If you ever feel like a good laugh and want to listen to some of the best utter codswallop you’ll ever hear from “very knowledgeable experts” you should try it
Best Regards

David McKenna
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
janmarine3 Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 09:02:13
Howzit David,
it is obvious those people do not know about British cars, otherwise they would have mentioned that the British don't make tv's because the tv's would leak oil onto the carpets.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000