Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Your Cars
 Series 11 Convertible

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mani Posted - 28 Aug 2012 : 20:40:59
Hi All,

Just accquired a 1958 Series 11 convertible. Shes in good nick only surface rust, the inside will need doing completely though, been garaged apparently since 1982. The photos are of it now, hopefully over the next couple of months will be restoring her.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
classic mike Posted - 09 Nov 2012 : 20:45:51
I notice there is a photo of this car on Ebay at the moment in a sales format for some headlight peaks.
It looks like the owner is trying to get everyone excited about buying the car before he actually tries to sell it.,nice ploy.

Classic Mike

Mani Posted - 12 Sep 2012 : 21:54:34
Hi, thanks for the info (very interesting) I have had a good look at the tax and I think your right about another reg underneath, can`t make out what it is as someone has put my reg over it, well spotted. Just hope the badge is not fake as well.

I have another question if its OK. I found some new white walls for which I assume is for this car. My question is I assume that they are just stuck on the tyre or do they need to be fitted by an expert tyre fitter?
bigt80 Posted - 12 Sep 2012 : 20:05:50
Part right there Jason: That's a rare badge because the series I came out in 1955, but initially it was thought to be '56, so first batch of badges showed wrong dates 56-67 instead of 55-67. Indeed '67 was last year as it was a club for Series cars only to start with. Fastbacks were incorporated in 1981, initially as a separate register within the club before being taken in fully in 1982 I think. Badges then of course showed 55 - 76.
I see Wilts CC stamp on tax disc, do you know where it was based? Only NK is Herts No. It looks like there is another reg faintly visible underneath: do you think it has been made up to match?
JPSH120 Posted - 10 Sep 2012 : 12:24:51
Owners club was formed in 1979. The dates on the badge I think point to the range of cars covered initially by the club, later extended to include the fastback range.

Glen will put me right if I have got any of that wrong

Mani Posted - 09 Sep 2012 : 19:13:52
Hi, Thanks big80.

Not sure if anyone can help clarify when the SROC was formed. I have a badge on the car that states 1956 - 1967. New at all this and trying to find out as much about the car as possible. Ive put a pic of the original car tax, just found that interesting. Thxs All.

bigt80 Posted - 01 Sep 2012 : 19:47:42
Series II's rare indeed. Actually about 30 known to the club over the years with probably 120 Ser 3/3A ones.

I seem to recall a really nice Ser 2 hardtop that was 29 CNK, but I think the plate was sold and an age related one applied. I think it was Morocco Brown & cream or Moonstone I should say.

Anyway, great find and best of luck on the resto.

G.
retro68 Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 19:37:14
Hi guys, nice convertible, im a fastback man myself but really admire the series cars, i know of a convertible in Dumfries where i stay,very nice and maybe for sale.
Mani Posted - 29 Aug 2012 : 22:18:03
Thanks, I have been told there are between 2 - 5 in the Uk and 20 left world wide. Been trying to find out how many convertibles were produced betweem 1958-59, but not having much luck. Regards Mani
JPSH120 Posted - 29 Aug 2012 : 21:13:18
Nice and I presume fairly rare?

Mani Posted - 29 Aug 2012 : 21:06:19
Hi Classic Mike,

Had three in total ( 2 saloons 1 x convertible) all at the same location, right place right time I guess. Will be resstoring and selling on when finished. Regards Mani
classic mike Posted - 29 Aug 2012 : 00:57:44
Great find...how did you hear of it.?
I would like one of these convertibles..not so big as the Hillman Super Minx Convertible.

If you hear of one please let me know.

Classic Mike

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000