Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Event Reviews and Pictures
 Footman James Bristol Classic 2013

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JPSH120 Posted - 23 Apr 2013 : 15:12:48
This year our club stand was the opposite of 2012 with 2 series cars on display and no fastbacks. Martin Bowden was due to have his car on the stand but technical issues meant he had to pull out unfortunately and of course my own H120 is still not quite finished!

Anyway we had Rosemary Pye & Ron Watson join us on the club stand both with Series 4 Rapiers and both with very different histories. Rosemary has owned her car since new in 1964 and along with her husband who was showing his rather lovely DB6 on the Aston Martin club stand, which he has also owned from new, must be part of a very exclusive club! Ron on the other hand has not owned his car quite as long but it has recently undergone a full restoration and had various people enquiring if it might be for sale.

Attendance was strong over the weekend, no doubt helped by the reasonably good weather and on the Sunday a considerable number of additional cars were parked outside, their owners having taken part in “drive it day” finishing at the show.

We seem to have laid regular claim to the corner stand at the show and over the weekend we agreed that next year we would be able to display 3, maybe even 4 cars and still leave room for the public to access the stand.

Below is a good photo of the club stand with both owners standing with their vehicles plus a few shots of some of the Rootes machinery that I found on Sunday.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JPSH120 Posted - 26 Apr 2013 : 08:11:26
quote:
Originally posted by UMU
Did you get to see Dave?

Yes Dave and his Manta were on the stand next to us so managed to have a good chat. I think he misses the fastback so maybe one day will re-join the flock!

UMU Posted - 25 Apr 2013 : 21:58:21
Jason, thanks for the decent insight to the show. Gutted I couldn't make it and there wasn't a fastback on show, but at least there were 2 wonderful series rapiers.
Did you get to see Dave?

JPSH120 Posted - 24 Apr 2013 : 08:32:30
quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

Maybe I'll put the kack-hander forward next June?

Good idea, I'll pencil you in!

bigt80 Posted - 23 Apr 2013 : 20:53:53
Thanks for that update and report Jason; glad to hear things went well, despite Martin's absence: some interesting cars about the grounds too.
Maybe I'll put the kack-hander forward next June? Last minute hitch on that.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000