Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat
 I can't believe it!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigt80 Posted - 02 May 2015 : 15:23:58
Just happened across this before it finished:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Rapier-Fastback-Bonnet-Badge-/171763468706?
It hasn't even got its locating pins! Rather than warm-up the badge and take it out; someone cut the pins off to 'straighten' it .
The club was selling these for £16.25 complete (to members) a few years ago. Well, I guess they must be getting rare, but that much for a damaged one - as the subject says. G.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 25 May 2015 : 17:40:08
Hi Dave, they were oe's obtained long ago & probably still have 5 left: Chap who was involved with Rapier's & is now back on the scene, bought about 100 them 15 years ago: they sell for silly money on the bay Sure we can do you a good deal G.

quote:
Originally posted by onefunkyman

Glen,

if you are going to make some more of these, then put me down for 5 of them please!

Cheers!

onefunkyman Posted - 12 May 2015 : 22:05:26
Glen,

if you are going to make some more of these, then put me down for 5 of them please!

Cheers!
Rootes 66 Posted - 08 May 2015 : 07:14:08
I may have been a bit quick to judge, googling points to the 5 jewel badge being from the Series Alpine, I have sold a couple that came from early fastbacks with 5 jewels but I also have in collection of new parts one with just 4.
bigt80 Posted - 07 May 2015 : 19:16:07
I've not heard of that one before. Will have to dig out one I've been storing for my re-build for many years, or one on old (original) car to check that out
Rootes 66 Posted - 07 May 2015 : 13:21:19
It's a Reproduction badge, only 4 Jewels on plinth, originals had 5
bigt80 Posted - 04 May 2015 : 12:19:32
Yes indeed & some sellers now latch on to that and even starting or asking prices are quite high sometimes. I know things are getting rarer, but I would urge all forum members not to forget club spares, particularly for mechanical items, where you can often buy parts cheaper. I know there isn't anyone doing it full time at present, but in the meantime, I'll always try and help out & of course AWM & Speedies are still selling parts at sensible prices too. G.
JPSH120 Posted - 03 May 2015 : 10:13:53
The crazy nature of eBay right there for all to see!

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000