Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Series IV manifold

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimlagos Posted - 24 Oct 2015 : 12:26:19
On trying to assemble a complete engine and bits for my Series4, I notice that the inlet manifold is water heated. Is this a good thing? I've always strived to make the inlet air as cool as possible for performance. After all, installing an intercooler after a turbo adds horsepower on all cars. Would it aid horsepower if I disconnected the water pipes, and by passed the manifold?

jim
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pruyter Posted - 24 Oct 2015 : 16:21:45
Hi Jim,

a lot of owners of Sunbeam Alpines Series 4, which have exactly the same manifold, have deleted the warm water arrangement. This was perhaps a good idea for regions like northern Scandinavia, but in the UK this system is only a disadvantage. After all on series 5 alpines you don't see either a warm water arrangement.
On my Rapier series 4 I have installed the so called Webcon conversion which makes it a totally different car. This conversion does not include a warm water arrangement and exactly for the reason you mention the air for the carburettor is taken from the front of the car (with the help of a big hose). So my advice is: get rid of the warm water arrangement!

By the way: why don't you buy the engine which Tony Fearn is offerig on this forum? the engine of the Rapier Series 3 A is a 1592 cc unit just like your Rapier series 4. It differs only on a few details like the oil filter.
Regards,
Peter

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000