Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Rear screen on series Rapier

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimlagos Posted - 27 Mar 2016 : 21:13:40
Me again! Can anyone tell me whether the stainless embellishers on the two "corners" of the rear screen on my Series V Rapier are clipped on or screwed on? The part numbers are H105819 and H105818, according to my parts list, although I can't see how they're fixed. I'll need to remove and re install them when changing the screen seal. I'm a little nervous they might be screwed on and getting to the backs of them might not be too easy.

jim
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimlagos Posted - 28 Mar 2016 : 22:32:50
I did use it for little leaks on my boat, when I was rich and ocean sailing! Little leaks on windows were successfully repaired by its use.
The main thing you need though is lots of hot sun to make it totally solid. Not much chance at the moment, in UK!

jim
bigt80 Posted - 28 Mar 2016 : 19:34:03
"The alternative is loads of Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure!" What a fine named product that is: I have used it with some success where small leaks in screen rubbers have occurred, but if a too 'bigger' one, it doesn't seem to solve it.
Sounds like a right performance on the trim. I'll have to do the same on my V that I'm shortly to start work on: it is many years since I did anything on a Series, with things like that it should be fun!
Cheers. G.
jimlagos Posted - 28 Mar 2016 : 11:47:54
Thanks Peter. That's the answer I was afraid of! It means removing back seats complete, to remove the interior side panels, then remove the metal trim finishers on the top to (hopefully) get to the fixings! Finally hoping the screws or whatever will actually unscrew! What a palaver. I really want to replace the screen rubbers front and back, but probably be better after a load of spinach and a nice sunny day?
The alternative is loads of Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure!

jim
pruyter Posted - 28 Mar 2016 : 10:48:10
Hi Jim,

despite the terrible weather I forced myself to some exercise which ment a walk to my garage in order to find an answer to your question. Although I found the stainless embellishers I did not found the fastening material. The backside of the embellishers have a kind of a rail in which it is possible to slide a stud or a screw.
I was not happy with the result and did two things more in order to find an answer to your question.
First: the parts list (publication 66012220) the one you aquired some days ago shows not only H.105819 and H.105918 but also H.109857 which are two sliding screws and 9550025 which are two nuts no 8. U.N.C (Brass). On top of that 4 more screws are involved which concerns parts number 9711086 (no 4x1/2 inch-Bead to body)
The fore going indicates that screws are used to fasten the embellisher.
Second:Although I did not do the job of changing the rubber myself at the time I visited several times the classic car garage who did the job when the Rapier was undergoing a recommission and I remembered that taking off the embellishers needed to take away some of the interior in order to reach this embellisers. The recommission was accompagnied by some 100 photo's, so I checked all the photo's that were taken and one of them shows a kind of a screw fastening. Because I don't know how to upload photo's on this forum I will send the one photo I have regarding the embellishers to your private email address.
I hope this is some answer to your question.

Regards,

Peter
pruyter Posted - 27 Mar 2016 : 21:23:23
Hi Jim,

if I remember correctly: they are screwed in! I have some spares and will check it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Peter

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000