Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Dashboard

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
did60 Posted - 16 Aug 2016 : 09:39:26
Hello, i'm back ... With my new project... A 69'fastback original lhd....
I clean the dash but around counters... It's gold or silver??? I think silver but quite difficult to paint... Any idea?? Thanks!!!!
Dm

Sunbeam Rapier Fastback 1971 Automatic
Sunbeam Rapier Fastback 1969 Manual OD
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
arrocuda Posted - 27 Sep 2016 : 09:57:06
I'd like more information as to how you achieved this as well Didier if possible. I was just about to reluctantly buy some Humbrol 'chrome' finish, but that looks excellent it has to be said.

Tim

Building the 'Mark II' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').
JPSH120 Posted - 26 Sep 2016 : 09:31:24
Looks like you've procured some adhesive decals then, any chance of some close up shots?

did60 Posted - 26 Sep 2016 : 06:40:41
Done!!!

bigt80 Posted - 27 Aug 2016 : 14:41:53
Guilty as charged m'laud. Re-distribution of the projects next week: had to make more room in the garden . G.

quote:
Originally posted by JPSH120

quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

I've seen a car with them - and the complete binnacle - resprayed matt black & I think it looks better: more modern. I did my Rapier many years ago with humbrol silver around the dials, but it never looked the same as oe of course.
I'll be giving one of my projects the matt black treatment, but touches like that are a little way off as it is not even a runner yet . G

Now now Glen, you know which project needs your attention

JPSH120 Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 14:42:48
quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

I've seen a car with them - and the complete binnacle - resprayed matt black & I think it looks better: more modern. I did my Rapier many years ago with humbrol silver around the dials, but it never looked the same as oe of course.
I'll be giving one of my projects the matt black treatment, but touches like that are a little way off as it is not even a runner yet . G

Now now Glen, you know which project needs your attention

bigt80 Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 16:02:56
Sunbeam-mike Posted - 17 Aug 2016 : 12:44:50
I seem to remember someone recommending the aluminium adhesive tape used to seal air conditioning ducts.

Mike Hooper
JPSH120 Posted - 16 Aug 2016 : 22:36:53
Assuming you mean the dial surrounds then yes, they are silver. You should be able paint them with a steady hand or maybe try applying silver leaf?

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000