Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Series II and III Colours

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bluemax1918 Posted - 11 Nov 2016 : 17:06:13
Being the new guy on the circuit, I think I posted the following in the wrong section of the forum. I apologise if I did.

That being said. Does anyone have, or is there, a list of colours and colour combinations for the series II and III Rapiers with colour codes. I have a almost complete list for the Alpines and Tigers. Did Sunbeam use the same colour codes and (as I asked) a list of colour combinations for each series.

I owned one with the medium blue with a darker blue trim 1958 series II, back in the 1965 to 1969. Father had a 1960 series III with a powder blue with a medium blue convertible from 1960 - 1965. I am reworking a series II and need assistance. Any help would be appreciated.

I have lifted two pictures of the two colours and added here for reference only. The Series II are the colours of my car and the Series III are the colours of my father's. My question now is what colours are thes by name and by number?

First of all welcome to the forum

Secondly you might want to move your post to the Information section.

And third, try here;

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=Rootes

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluemax1918 Posted - 14 Dec 2016 : 13:49:24
Thank you both. I should have responded earlier but recently business has kept me from doing anything fun. I will have to check out the SROC Rapier Guide.
pruyter Posted - 13 Nov 2016 : 09:36:21
There is a list with colours specified to each series Rapier and it is presented in the SROC Rapier Guide at pages 007 to 010.

Regards,

Peter
bigt80 Posted - 12 Nov 2016 : 15:07:28
Hello and welcome to the Forum. This is as good an area as anywhere for your question.
I'm more a Fastback man by I would say the colours are:-
Ser II Windsor Blue (23) & Corinth Blue (21), although I thought these were Series III/IIIA colours normally??
Ser III Moonstone (19) & Powder Blue (25)
I'm sure someone else will confirm or otherwise - The numbers for the colours are definitely correct & I'm reasonably sure the colour combinations of the cars are as stated. Cheers. G

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000