Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Air ducty hose

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pruyter Posted - 12 Apr 2017 : 12:09:43
I like to replace the hoses that connect the blower with the heather and the third one that goes into the interior of my Rapier series IV.
So far so good, but the problem is that after hours searching on the internet I still haven't succeeded in finding the right hose.
The innner diameter of the hoses is 3,25 inch (82,6 mm) and I need a lenght of about 1 metre. I prefer black flexible hoses.
Does anybody know of a supplier in the UK?
Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Peter
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 16 May 2017 : 00:50:23
Ah; OK Peter, I'll speak to Rog - he's more techy than me :-). Cheers. G
pruyter Posted - 15 May 2017 : 17:45:55
Hi Glen,

The photo I wanted to post has been taken with an I-pad and it surprises me that the file is too big! One should expect that any website must be able to handle pictures taken with an I-pad.
So I quitt.
To be honest it is the first time I have tried to post a picture.

Best regards,

Peter
bigt80 Posted - 15 May 2017 : 15:46:41
You're an 'old-hand' on here Peter and I'm sure you've posted photos in the past?so should be OK, as long as the file is not too big. If you can shrink the size of the image; it should upload OK.
Cheers. G.
pruyter Posted - 12 May 2017 : 10:52:39

I tried to post a phote and afterwards I found out it was the wrong one. But editing this post is a nightmare, I can remove a photo but not uplodad a new one. Other websites are regarding editing much better!
bigt80 Posted - 02 May 2017 : 21:35:20
3rd button along from your posting date and time, Stella. I've changed yours now . G
Well it should be visible to you
Stella Posted - 01 May 2017 : 10:15:12
Hic.. the only problem I have is how to edit my post, when I see a spelling mistake.
Stella Posted - 01 May 2017 : 10:13:55
No problem Glen... always good to share/swap info...

Each of us has a different view and opinion.. but we are all working towards the same goal.. keeping our cars on the roads..
bigt80 Posted - 30 Apr 2017 : 12:36:13
Yes; good to see you again Stella & Clive.
Hope you did not mind me posting the under-bonnet pic, but just seemed opportune when I saw Peter's post on here
Hopefully get a Rapier across the water on my next visit
Cheers. G

quote:
Originally posted by Stella

Nice to meet Glen again.. shame he forgot to pack his Fastback

pruyter Posted - 29 Apr 2017 : 21:17:34
In the meantime I have ordered such a hose from Merlin Motorsport but in black. The prise was lower then the same hose from Car Builder Solutions. Thanks Stella for your information!

Regards,

Peter
Stella Posted - 29 Apr 2017 : 20:18:14
Just been under the bonnet to check things before tomorrow's outing..

I can report that the orange hose looks as if it has white stripes... but that is how the light reflects on the spiral built-in support...

Hoping for a decent run out..

byee
Stella Posted - 27 Apr 2017 : 10:44:02
Hi All

We bought the best quality hose and this was the colour it came in.

Obtained from Merlin Motorsport

Nice to meet Glen again.. shame he forgot to pack his Fastback
pruyter Posted - 26 Apr 2017 : 21:02:47
Hi oldcarnut,

Thanks for your help and I also have noticed that the red hose on the picture is the same as the one shown in the advertisement of the company you have pointed out to us. The reason why I have not bought a hose from them yet is that I hoped to find a real black hose and not one with the white "rings" as can be seen on the photo. So I hope that Glen has some good news on the Arrow hoses. If not then I will certainly buy the black hoses from Car Buikder Solotions.
So you can be certain that I appreciate your help very much. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Peter
oldcarnut Posted - 26 Apr 2017 : 17:35:25
This red hose shown in the pic above is the same hose sold by the company I mention in my post above Car Builder Solutions. The hose they sell is either red or black and is 3-1/4" or 83mm ID which is correct for the Rapier.
bigt80 Posted - 26 Apr 2017 : 11:43:04
Hi again,
Our SouthWest LAO spotted the thread and asked me to post up this, which maybe a better solution?
"Wyrem ducting . It's black, looks authentic and name on one side only so can be turned over out of site. Available from Hose World 01890 752555. Web site Wyrem Flexible Ducting Ltd. Mine has been on nearly 20 years and is still good. "
Cheers. G.
pruyter Posted - 26 Apr 2017 : 11:21:18
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the information and I will wait til you report back regarding the comparision with the Arrow-cars.

Regards,

Peter

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000