Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 my new series IIIa convertible

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillman Posted - 05 Apr 2017 : 17:40:26
Hello Rapier friends,
My name is Gilles Ponroy, I am French (nobody's perfect) but love english cars and england where I worked for 3 years for the Forte Hotel group.
I have just today acquired a rapier convertible series IIIa which I think is born in november or december 1962.
It will need some work but is sound, complete, engine running.
It is an Original LHD car with around 50k miles on the clock which I think is correct. No overdrive, (I am already in search of a D type one for this car)
Before this one I had a Minx convertible as well. This car( my car) was described in an english magazine10 years ago.
I will post the title and issue number lately.
Hope you will enjoy the rapier pictures.
cheers

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillman Posted - 21 Aug 2017 : 12:02:05
Hi Andrew,
thanks for your message. I will be in beaulieu at this date sonot able to be in Nemours.
Next time may be?
cheers

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.fr

Bonjour Gilles,
I see you are not far from Nemours, will you be attending the big British car meeting ('English renCart') there on 3 september? There are usually a few Rootes cars, mainly Alpines, and I hope to be there too either in my Fastback, or Imp.
Andrew

hillman Posted - 20 Aug 2017 : 19:38:11
Hi Jim,
Thank you for your message. Yes it will need some attention but deserves it anyway. It's such nice car.
I am going to beaulieu in september may be we could meet there. or in france.
I am of course interested by your gearbox and overdrive.
lets discuss it via pm
cheers
Gilles
bigt80 Posted - 20 Aug 2017 : 16:46:14
Hello Gilles & welcome to the Forum. A good find there despite work needed but with so few Convertibles around it will be good to save another.
I think I have an o/drive and/or g'box with o/drive. I will have a look. I am coming to France mid-October if all goes well and maybe able to bring it with me? I'm actually heading down to Perpignan.
Probably best if I pm you if I find the box/overdrive.
As Jim says, yes, you will need a different prop too. Don't think I have a spare one of those .
Cheers for now. G.
andrew.fr Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 11:20:11
Bonjour Gilles,
I see you are not far from Nemours, will you be attending the big British car meeting ('English renCart') there on 3 september? There are usually a few Rootes cars, mainly Alpines, and I hope to be there too either in my Fastback, or Imp.
Andrew
hillman Posted - 10 Apr 2017 : 19:48:36
Hello stella,
thank you for the comment.
I will post updates
regards
Stella Posted - 10 Apr 2017 : 17:52:03
Hello..

You have an interesting project. It will be great to see this car back on the road...

I see you are East of Orléans ... lovely area.

We are 4 hours south of you...
hillman Posted - 06 Apr 2017 : 07:26:23
Hello jim,
thank you.
I am near Montargis (100 kms south of Paris). You are right the door skins need some attention but this is an easy bit to fix.
for the prop shaft I will shorten it. But first I need to find a gearbox and a D type overdrive. May be in Beaulieu in september.
the camper is not mine but belongs to the person I bought the rapier from. It is a peugeot Dangel (4x4) and may be for sale if you are interested, tell me.
Have a nice trip to France.
Best regards
Gilles
jimlagos Posted - 05 Apr 2017 : 21:33:57
Good luck, the car looks well salvageable. A bit of work on the door skins would certainly be improvement. I see you have a camper van, which is so useable in France. I shall be over to France tomorrow in my camper, enjoying your wonderful Aires. Which part of France are you living?
Incidentally, if you change the gearbox for a new one with overdrive, I believe that you'll need the propshaft to go with it.

jim

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000