Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Suspension

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NigeH Posted - 25 Nov 2023 : 18:00:23
My 1972 Fastback looks as if it's got a few concrete blocks in the boot! I'm not sure if the rear springs are weak or has someone used non standard springs on the front? If you have a level one, can you let me know the measurement from ground to centre of wheel arch front and rear, so that I can establish which end is right. Thanks

N R HILL
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JPSH120 Posted - 01 Dec 2023 : 22:01:50
Yes the club did have a batch made but that was well over 10 years ago. Have a quick search online and you will hopefully be able to find somewhere fairly local to either refurbish or renew your springs.

Good luck!
NigeH Posted - 01 Dec 2023 : 16:58:57
Looks like my rear springs have gone soft.I've got 59cm at front and only 54cm at rear. Many thanks for that

I see from old posts that the club had some springs made a few years ago ( now out of stock). Has anyone know who the supplier was?

N R HILL
[/quote]

N R HILL
NigeH Posted - 01 Dec 2023 : 16:50:50
quote:
Originally posted by JPSH120

OK, measurements as follows;

Front - 60.5 cm
Rear - 59.5 cm

That is taken from the passenger side. Drivers side was approximately 1cm less, presumably that is normal for a vehicle predominantly used by driver only.

N R HILL
JPSH120 Posted - 29 Nov 2023 : 11:36:43
OK, measurements as follows;

Front - 60.5 cm
Rear - 59.5 cm

That is taken from the passenger side. Drivers side was approximately 1cm less, presumably that is normal for a vehicle predominantly used by driver only.
JPSH120 Posted - 27 Nov 2023 : 17:57:13
I'll get some measurements for you when I can, but it sounds like you need new rear springs. There should be a gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch, when the springs weaken the gap disappears!

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000