Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 ANV 51A

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Suzie Posted - 08 Mar 2016 : 23:29:11
Hello, Paul and myself are now the proud owner of the above car. It has been off the road for a couple of years, but we hope to get it ready to attend some shows this year. It's a series IIIa registered in July 1963. We are not sure what it needs yet but it looks like a clutch is the first thing on the agenda. Are there places you use to get things like carpets and upholstery done? Please let me know.
Thank you for your help
Suzie

Thanks
Suzie
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
grumpy1 Posted - 12 Jun 2016 : 10:33:16
Hello Suzie. Only just seen your posting re your IIIA. This car is new to the club and so we don't have any records of it on our Series Register. So, with your agreement perhaps you could message me via this Forum with details of the car: Chassis No; engine no; your name and address/tel no etc (held in confidence under DPA)so that we may include your car on our database. Many thanks Grumpy1 (SROC Registrar)

quote:
Originally posted by Suzie

hello BigT80
The plate was originally 80 YOO, apparently left to 2 brothers and one took the car the other the plate. I would be interested to know about this car as there is a lot to do to it to get it where it needs to be. We have no carpets, it looks like there was a small fire as the front passenger seat has a patch on it. Paul is replacing the clutch over Easter then it's down for the MOT. Maybe even start the shows in May.
Suzie

Thanks
Suzie

Suzie Posted - 18 Mar 2016 : 08:32:00
hello BigT80
The plate was originally 80 YOO, apparently left to 2 brothers and one took the car the other the plate. I would be interested to know about this car as there is a lot to do to it to get it where it needs to be. We have no carpets, it looks like there was a small fire as the front passenger seat has a patch on it. Paul is replacing the clutch over Easter then it's down for the MOT. Maybe even start the shows in May.
Suzie

Thanks
Suzie
bigt80 Posted - 17 Mar 2016 : 10:21:22
Hello Suzie,
Yes, welcome to the Forum: as Jason says, nice looking car - not one I've seen before. It looks like it might have had an 'age-related' plate applied to it at some point.
If you contact 'grumpy1' on here, he has details of Series cars and might be able to give you a bit of history. He also knows of a good suppliers of carpet sets for Series IV/V's, but I would think earlier cars had very similar pattern, so might be worth asking.
Cheers & hope to see you at an event some time. G.
Suzie Posted - 10 Mar 2016 : 19:06:36
Hello Joseph, thank you for your reply. We are currently members of the Cotswold Classic Car Club - we are based in Gloucester. I love going to car shows and already have a wonderfully full summer events list. However I would also enjoy going to the Sunbeam events. Before we go anywhere we need to fit a new clutch then down for the MOT. This has to be completed by May as we are off to the RHS Spring Show at the Three Counties Show Ground I will get hold of the LAO to see what is going on in my area. Thank you, Suzie

JPSH120 Posted - 10 Mar 2016 : 13:22:55
Hi Suzie and welcome to the forum, nice looking car you have there. Whereabouts are you based, be worth checking with your LAO what local events are planned over the coming season.

To answer your question re carpets & upholstery, it's always worth asking your local trimmers to see what they can do. Failing that a quick google search will find several options. Coverdale are a known name for carpets but quality of fit can vary with some of these manufacturers so any help and advice you can get from fellow series owners will be useful.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000