Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Events
 National
 New Date for RACT Opening - Now 22 April 2018

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigt80 Posted - 28 Aug 2017 : 17:32:40
Please note that the original date for the grand opening of the new Rootes Archive Trust Facility was 24 September 2017, but for reasons given below by the Trustees; this will now be moved forward to the above date to coincide with 'Drive It Day' in 2018.

ROOTES ARCHIVE CENTRE OPENING UPDATE

I am pleased to confirm that building work on the new Archive building is progressing well and we will be able to move the Archive into our new building by the end of September as planned.

However, at our meeting with the developer last week he confirmed that bad weather and some supplier delays meant the site surfacing/landscaping and car parks would not be completed
until October (at the earliest) and that the site would, therefore, be unsuitable for a launch event. Given the amount of mud currently I have to agree.

The Trustees have therefore taken the decision to focus solely on moving the Archive (a big challenge in itself) and delay the official opening event until April 2018 when most people will have their classics back on the road again after the winter.

We are, therefore, pleased to advise that you have a new date for your diary for the Official Opening where we can all celebrate what has been achieved but more importantly your part in achieving it.

Sunday 22nd April 2018 is planned for the national “Drive It Day” and we intend to open the Archive officially on this day.

More details will follow and we will also keep you updated on the move - so for now just get the date in your 2018 diary!

The Trustees look forward to seeing you on the 22nd April and having the opportunity to thank you for your support.

Kind regards

Andy Bye
Trustee
Rootes Archive Centre Trust

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000