Sill panels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BaxterP

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  08:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Introduced myself and my long stored 3a Rapier 846 FXH, that I bought in the January of this year. It is now a good runner, has clutch, brakes and most of the electrics work . My mind now turns to the structure as the sills have seen better days. The inner sills are broadly shot, the drivers side is the better, the passenger side worst. I want to make a good job of it and as such I need some advice as to the inner sills, I am thinking of a repair rather than complete replacement as most of what has disappeared is below the car and what is visible internally will pass, with a couple of localised repairs. So I am looking for information as to the dimensions of the inner sills, holes, folds, etc, etc to come up with an accurate template and then I can get a pair cut and folded and trim them accordingly. Even if I could lay my hands on a pair of inner sills, it would be a shame to cut them down, so the repair panels are the way I want to go, unless anybody has any better advice. All and any advice and information will be gratefully received.

Pete

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  19:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete, I'm not a 'Series' man, but may be able to find some old sills or club series spares sec may have some more readily to hand that you could use as patterns? e-mail is on the web site. glad to hear another looks like it will be saved. I did see it on e-Bay I think: velvet & sage green is it?
Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

BaxterP

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  06:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks G. This is the dark blue car with the white roof and flash that was listed on ebay as spares or repairs in January. It has only 46K on the clock and looking at the bores, I figure that to be around right. Bought a new mig welder to replace the last one that went pop, fizz a while ago, so set to go ! Will e-mail you later.

Pete
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000