New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2015 :  11:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Fellow club member Nick & I rescued this one on Saturday. It had stood for 23 years in a council lock up. We've not had a chance to check it over that much, but it has had poor welding job on sills & it is very scabby underneath, but we're going to try and save it. Interior is good & it is too good to break; so watch this space.

On a sad note; we learnt of an auto in a garage in Stourbridge; coincidentally, only a few miles away from where this one was. Council garages were due to be demolished & owner could not be traced. I found a record of it from 20-odd years ago that it had been a members car (one of 4 he owned). Cutting to the chase: the council said it had to be crushed as it was contaminated by the asbestos roof of the garage! Perfectly good Fastback has now gone. I tried negotiating with the council, but they were having none of it. Really annoys you this bureaucracy - & Health & Safety gone too far.

Anyway; thought I'd share this with you forum chaps.
Cheers. G.

onefunkyman

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  11:10:15  Show Profile  Visit onefunkyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well done guys,
sad new about the other one, i work for the council local to me, and some days i beat my head against a wall trying to get things done!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  11:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so sad. Council top staff have never worked in the real world and love inventing more rules that make jobs expensive and we pay extra on our council tax. In the revolution.............

jim
Go to Top of Page

pollystag

70 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  19:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did this one get back on the road?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page