Series Convertible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  23:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Glen, mine is progressing slowly too, but hopefully will be "roadworthy" soon.
I recon we could do with a Convertible thread on web site or Forum to help each other out a bit, we seem to be a very small number, so very helpful to share info and advice specific to our open tops.

Royston
with a Sunbeam in my life
Go to Top of Page

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  16:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob, thanks for reply and A GOOD LOOKING CONVERTIBLE YOU HAVE THERE !
I am still struggling with closing the gap between hood frame and windscreen, the parts manual list the rubber weather seal H292 ( which I believe fits into the windscreen rebate), and three finishers left , right and centre. H294, H295 & H296, which I think are aluminium strips on hood. A close up picture of any of those would be very useful !
My renovation going really well,replacement petrol tank now in and engine running nicely. just a whole load of little bits to tidy up.
I have also just finished manufacturing some new Cantrail knobs for locking the hood closed, made a batch of them !( some for sale on ebay too )but let me know if any members are interested for special deal !

Royston
Go to Top of Page

bobm

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  10:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Royston,
If it would help I would be happy to take a few photos of any parts of my Convertible that would help you with your restoration.
Just let me know what you need.
Best regards
Bob Marsden
quote:
Originally posted by Royston

I am currently renovating a series 3a Convertible and still having trouble finding parts.
In particular I am trying to find out the dimensions of the seal which fits into windscreen header, it is listed in parts manual as HJ292 Weatherstrip Header,a rubber extrusion:- what I am trying to assess are it's dimensions, height width etc.and even which way up it goes !
The other query I have are the finishers H294,H295 & H296, I think they are aluminium strips which attach to the hood frame, but what thickness and profile are they ? I seem to have a large gap between hood and windscreen header that needs filling !
I also need a pair of sun visors, the convertible ones seem different to the standard saloon, but presumably not VERY different ?
There are so few convertibles still out there it would be very good for me to contact some other convertible owners and share info, do get in touch if interested.
cheers

Royston

Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2016 :  20:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Royston
Got mine and electricnick's convertible back at mine now - only rolling shell and got to find bits for it, so yes, when I get going on it can hopefully help each other :-)
Here's two pics from 10 years ago! It still looks about the same, despite being stored outside for all that time - for shame! G

Go to Top of Page

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2016 :  10:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently renovating a series 3a Convertible and still having trouble finding parts.
In particular I am trying to find out the dimensions of the seal which fits into windscreen header, it is listed in parts manual as HJ292 Weatherstrip Header,a rubber extrusion:- what I am trying to assess are it's dimensions, height width etc.and even which way up it goes !
The other query I have are the finishers H294,H295 & H296, I think they are aluminium strips which attach to the hood frame, but what thickness and profile are they ? I seem to have a large gap between hood and windscreen header that needs filling !
I also need a pair of sun visors, the convertible ones seem different to the standard saloon, but presumably not VERY different ?
There are so few convertibles still out there it would be very good for me to contact some other convertible owners and share info, do get in touch if interested.
cheers

Royston

Edited by - Royston on 04 Oct 2016 08:20:02
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000