MOT test
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldcarnut

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2016 :  14:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone own a 'no MOT' car? What is the procedure for these vehicles? I know when I had my 1936 Minx it had to go for a visual inspection. Our car is 1957. Any info would be very much appreciated.

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  01:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't own one, but from what I've heard there's no legal need for MOT on your car. However some insurance companies are starting to ask for some proof of roadworthyness. This might be the norm soon. I suggest you might make tentative enquiries from your insurance company?

jim
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  15:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, as things stand there is nothing to do at present, just insure and obtain your 'Historic Vehicle' VED at PO or on-line via gov.uk
jimlagos might be right though, that some ins co's may look for a cert of road-worthiness. Isn't that an MOT?? Oh yes, so it is; what a debacle. G
Go to Top of Page

oldcarnut

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  19:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think I'll pop it round to my local MOT man who sorts all of our cars and see what he says. Although I'm a qualified engineer, think I will contact our insurance as suggested to make sure all is well. Nearly all our cars are race or rally modified, so he will not be shocked by the call relating to yet another classic race or rally car!! Thanks for your thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

oldcarnut

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2016 :  19:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To update on the MOT saga, got the car insured with our usual guy no problem. Does not need to go to any testing station. Just putting the finishing touches to the car and will be on the road next week after we get the V5 changed to historic vehicle and tax it (sort of) at the local Post Office.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000