Newbie for 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

72RPR

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2016 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from Brisbane, Australia where it is 2017, and at 0800, just 31C!
As a Kiwi I have owned several Rootes Group cars, (14) overall, and now that I'm retired own 1958 Series II Rapier Convertible and a very rare (for Oz) 1972 Fastback. Chrysler/Rootes did not import for sale, Fastbacks as they were busy selling Mitzi's and Valiants. Fastbacks were sold in NZ and my first one was a 1969 model. Unfortunately for me, it is no longer around, still on the NZ inactive register but I was unable to locate its whereabouts or owner, hence buying the one I have now, imported from the UK. Running-gear parts are relatively easy to come by as Chrysler built and sold Hunters in Oz, only body parts are not so readily available. I look forward to reading your Forums this year. Many thanks for accepting my application to join, I am a member of the Sunbeam Owners Club Queensland and Treasurer of the Rootes Group Car Club Queensland.

Talbot

New Zealand
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2017 :  08:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was you NZ rego of your fastback ?
Go to Top of Page

72RPR

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2018 :  06:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Talbot, I haven't looked at this page for a while hence a late reply. My Rapier Fastback in NZ rego was FJ6142 sold in Christchurch about July 1979 to Crawford Motors. Had I found it a few years ago, I'd have imported it into Australia and restored it. Now I have a 1972 model and I am afraid that it will have to do now as I'm over 81 yoa.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000