New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2017 :  20:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by What colour stripeHi Jason, good to hear from you too. Very sorry to hear about David, I was unaware of his passing but was wondering why he had not posted on here in recent times.
My brother Mark still has his old J reg. H120 stored in his garage, which would make for a great restoration. I will try and get him motivated! Steve no longer has a Rapier but I know he is still very interested in the marque, so you never know!
Nice to see your H120 looking so good! Are you still in the Yeovil area? If you are ever in Shepton you are most welcome to call in for a coffee and a chat. Kim

Hi Kim, yes I am in Yeovil area still, can't seem to get away! I do always keep my eyes peeled for a stray H120 when I pop over to Shepton! I'm happy that my car is finally finished, it's crazy how many years pass whilst you are busy restoring.

Go to Top of Page

What colour stripe

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2017 :  12:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

Morning; not been on the Forum for a while, but great to hear from you Kim. I did hear that you still had some cars tucked away
Thanks for registering: it would be good to have you back as a club member too of course: think of all those discounted spares
Yes, keep us advised of progress: I've got to get mine sorted this year; has been off the road far too long!
It was sad news on David; as yes, he was very active on here. Car looks as if it is still be around though. Cheers. Glen.

Hi Glen, good to see you're still active here. I'm sure I will become a full club member in the very near future!.
I was wondering about the spares situation for Fastback Rapiers these days. I'm guessing things are much harder to find now. Are there any worrying shortages of everyday running parts?
What are the Club stocks like these days?
Hope you can get your car sorted this year. I feel these cars are really coming into their own now as collectors items and I was surprised to see how the prices for them appears to be soaring!

Yes very sad to hear about David. I know he was enjoying his Rapier and contributed a lot on here. Glad to hear JEL is still around, I still miss it!

Hopefully see you and your car at an event sometime soon!

Kim

Go to Top of Page

What colour stripe

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2017 :  12:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JPSH120

Hey Kim, good to hear from you and good to know that you will be adding to the roadworthy H120 numbers. Look forward to watching your progress. How about your brothers, don't they have some tucked away too?

Don't know if you were aware but David (who bought JEL) sadly passed away very suddenly 3 years ago. He had been very active on the forum and was loving H120 ownership.

Speak soon

Jason

Hi Jason, good to hear from you too. Very sorry to hear about David, I was unaware of his passing but was wondering why he had not posted on here in recent times.
My brother Mark still has his old J reg. H120 stored in his garage, which would make for a great restoration. I will try and get him motivated! Steve no longer has a Rapier but I know he is still very interested in the marque, so you never know!
Nice to see your H120 looking so good! Are you still in the Yeovil area? If you are ever in Shepton you are most welcome to call in for a coffee and a chat. Kim
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2017 :  09:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning; not been on the Forum for a while, but great to hear from you Kim. I did hear that you still had some cars tucked away
Thanks for registering: it would be good to have you back as a club member too of course: think of all those discounted spares
Yes, keep us advised of progress: I've got to get mine sorted this year; has been off the road far too long!
It was sad news on David; as yes, he was very active on here. Car looks as if it is still be around though. Cheers. Glen.
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2017 :  22:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kim, good to hear from you and good to know that you will be adding to the roadworthy H120 numbers. Look forward to watching your progress. How about your brothers, don't they have some tucked away too?

Don't know if you were aware but David (who bought JEL) sadly passed away very suddenly 3 years ago. He had been very active on the forum and was loving H120 ownership.

Speak soon

Jason

Go to Top of Page

What colour stripe

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2017 :  17:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow Rapier owners.
I have been a club member before but that was many years ago.
Some long standing members may remember me. The car I owned back then was a Pinewood Green H120 reg: JEL 337N.
That car was sold and I retreated from the car scene for a long time due to other committments.
Now, many years later I've caught the bug again and I am looking forward to restoring 2 Sunbeam Rapier H120's which I have kept garaged for the last 27 years! One car will be a relatively easy restoration (if there is such a thing!)and the other will be a little more involved with some meatalworking required.
I look forward to contributing to the forum later in the year when the first project get's underway.

Kim Wilkinson (Shepton Mallet)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000