New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  00:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry,
Hey, what a find: I had a look on club records & if I read the Reg correctly OKL 518 (513) G; then it is not one known to the club! Can you p.m. chassis no./ body no.? we'll add it to the records. Looking forward to hear progress - seems like despite 30 years laid up; not too much to recommission to get it (basically) up and running :-)
Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

67coniston

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2017 :  22:58:57  Show Profile  Send 67coniston an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Terry and im from Essex. Having just bought a classic car for my wife AUSTIN A40 DEVON for restoration the gentleman who sold me the car also wondered if i would be interested in his late fathers car that had been laid up for 3o years.Curiosity got the better of me and upon pulling back some old tarpaulin he revealed a two owner 1968 fastback.
I had to have it but the golden rule of always check with the wife first had to apply.Luckily i caught her on a good day and permission was granted and a deal was done.I will keep you updated as i progress with the car but for now a good clean up followed by a very light body and mechanical work just enough for mot.Then hopefully attend the rally in July.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000