Cars for Sale
 Series IV for sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2017 :  21:41:52  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if you look at the picture of the right hand side it looks like a sunbeam alpine in light blue nudging the back

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

andrew.fr

France
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  22:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops! I should have said many people in Continental Europe…not necessarily EU
The comment was based on personal observation of adverts over the years from folk trying to sell Sunbeams, but getting the spelling wrong. If you type Sunbeam (correct spelling) your search engine will probably not pick up the Venezia for sale right now in Italy, the racing Ti in France, or the collection of Avenger rear lights in Portugal, all listed as Sumbeam, so reducing the chances of a sale. I don’t recall seeing this error very often in the UK/GB, but I suppose it happens.
I was very tempted by this item myself;

The photo clearly shows Sunbeam, so why put an ‘m’ in the ad?

Andrew
btw I don’t consider myself a ‘Brit’, and I’ve lived in France for more than 30 years.

Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  15:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pruyter

Just as it amazing for me how many Brits think that they are not a part of Europe! So why saying "how many Europeans"?
Even in the future (the UK not being in the EU) doesn't change the fact that Britain is a part of Europe.

That's because the Brits are so stupid many of them believe they live in the 'UK' which is a political statement, rather than 'GB' which is a geographical location.

The validity of the 'UK' as a political statement is inherently flawed when you consider that the Northern Island assembly has been 'disassembled' for some time now, and the Scots are demanding another poke at independence. Doesn't appear to be very 'united' to me.

Tim

Building the 'Mark II' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').
Go to Top of Page

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  10:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as it amazing for me how many Brits think that they are not a part of Europe! So why saying "how many Europeans"?
Even in the future (the UK not being in the EU) doesn't change the fact that Britain is a part of Europe.
Go to Top of Page

andrew.fr

France
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  09:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'a amazing how many Europeans can't spell Sunbeam. Here is another Rapier, this one in France, LHD and with slightly more rust.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1101334287.htm?ca=12_s

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  20:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always "offer" This one looks like a collector has died and his hoard is being sold off. A lot of interesting shapes in that barn. I might call and look in a few weeks as I'll be down that way in the camper. I'll be surprised if any local will be interested in a Rapier. I'll just need to persuade the "chancellor" that we need another one!

jim
Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  19:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IIRC the 'Oferta' button is up which suggests that the guy is open to offers.

Tim

Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  10:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmm Very tempted, price a little steep if bought, as it will need collecting on a trailer if re-importing to UK.

jim
Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Came across this series IV advertised in Spain. Very dusty.... but no rusty! Right hand drive and British plates and priced at 4000 Euros which seems reasonable.

http://www.milanuncios.com/venta-de-coches-clasicos/sumbeam-rapier-iv-215781256.htm

Tim

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000