Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Another Sundance whats the odds on that!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2018 :  19:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At first glance I thought this was the same car as the earlier post. Its even got a similar 'modern' steering wheel cover.

I actually thought someone had bought this to 'flip-over' a couple of grand but its another Sundance Rapier.

Looked to me like it had the wheels changed and a Holts 'triple stripe' added but then noticed the sillis in black, then the tombstone seats.

Its a 1972 in Sundance Yellow with tombstone front seats. Reg BKT 444K I think. Its up for sale in Canvey Island. Yours for £7,995 govner'

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2018 :  22:57:19  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it does look nice, i think for the money they could nudge up the front bumper, its on ebay for those who havent seen it item number183045261077 classified ad

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2018 :  17:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meant to copy and paste the link.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Sunbeam-RAPIER-3-owners-STUNNING-CONDITION-VERY-RARE/183045261077?hash=item2a9e590715:g:KFwAAOSwjXNacK78
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2018 :  10:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, what were the chances! BKT 444K was owned by long-standing member & LAO from the SE for about 35 years - he bought it as ex demo in '72, last saw it up for sale in 2015 at c. 4k. It has been well looked after. Hope it goes to someone who will continue to do that. Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2018 :  19:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Listing ended unsold at £7,995, but don't worry it's been relisted at a new price with a £2,000 difference.

Its now on for £9,999!

Always worth waiting I say, no point in rushing in when if you wait and are patient you may be able to pick it up for a couple of grand more.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-SUNBEAM-RAPIER-FASTBACK-VERY-RARE-CLASSIC-CAR-GREAT-INVESTMENT/132497292832?hash=item1ed9743e20:g:CagAAOSwE8daezi5

Get in there quick before it goes upto £12,000, its an investment opportunity!

Correction. It did sell...

It was originally for sale with DL Autos, 258 Furtherwick Rd, Convey Island, Essex SS8 7DR.

Its now up for sale with Purdeys, Purdey Ind Est Rochford, Essex, SS4 1NE.

Whaaallllop, what a Geezer!

Thinking of buying it myself and putting it up for £15,000. Anyone interested?

Think it was probably on the money at around £4,000 back in £2015 at £10,000 the only way is down when the bubble bursts.

As from 22nd February the price has been lowered to £8,999.00, C'mon it's an investment!

Edited by - Mooresy on 22 Feb 2018 16:39:35
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2018 :  16:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For one moment - thought it was a 3rd. My word, that is cheeky & back on e-Bay too! . Mind you, it is a year older than last time
5-6k I would have thought was a fair price. Rare high-backed seats, but they look custom made! Cue next dealer.... G.
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2018 :  22:32:51  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I find it an "interesting" shall we say sales patter, when i see cars listed as a "great investment" now you invest time in children, maybe a good choice of a house where the investment is time in making improvements, or even the type of roofing on a holiday chalet,if its such a good investment he should be asking 20k confident he will sell it before he has to pay the rent! how long do you have to hang on to a car when after paying 3-5k over what would be considered top money for a car like this, to then hold on and sell for a profit? ten years? if its a good investment buy a load of them when they are cheap, oh dear just realised thats what ive been doing,and the storage costs more than the vehicles go "up" in value, it takes a few years to make a few hundred!. oh well........what do i know....if you want to make guaranteed money out of a vehicle become a taxi driver and work nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2018 :  15:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul marshall

I find it an "interesting" shall we say sales patter, when i see cars listed as a "great investment" now you invest time in children, maybe a good choice of a house where the investment is time in making improvements, or even the type of roofing on a holiday chalet,if its such a good investment he should be asking 20k confident he will sell it before he has to pay the rent! how long do you have to hang on to a car when after paying 3-5k over what would be considered top money for a car like this, to then hold on and sell for a profit? ten years? if its a good investment buy a load of them when they are cheap, oh dear just realised thats what ive been doing,and the storage costs more than the vehicles go "up" in value, it takes a few years to make a few hundred!. oh well........what do i know....if you want to make guaranteed money out of a vehicle become a taxi driver and work nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul marshall

Exactly.
The smart money is buying up Ford Probes and Vauaxhall Tigres. Hang onto a couple of those babies for 20 years and you'll be able to name your price, same as anyone now with a Talbot Alpine or a Hyundai Pony...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000