Holbay conversion kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  20:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have gathered enough Holbay parts to convert a good standard engine into a Holbay lookalike engine..... all that's needed is a Holbay rocker cover and a pair of Weber 40's to complete.

The kit comprises......

Holbay cylinder head complete with valves and springs.
Inlet manifold
Exhaust manifold (4 branch)
Holbay type distributor (no vacuum)
Holbay camshaft
4 x Flat top pistons (standard size).

Will put it all on fleabay if no one on here is looking right now, but thought I'd offer it to you guys first. Is all stuff I've gathered over the time since I bought the project car but I've got all the Holbay parts I need for the car and this stuff is surplus to requirements. On price I'm open to reasonable offers but to give you an idea it cost me over £300 when you take into account the cost of collection/delivery charges.

Anyone out there with a good condition standard block could end up with an excellent engine for relatively little money compared to the rubbish they are selling on ebay that's been lying in someone's garden shed for the past 20 years. Is all in good condition although the exhaust manifold looks as though it has been repaired but the rest of it looks good.

Tim. xtwozero@gmail.com

Building the 'Mark II' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  21:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim, I'll send you an e-mail.

Jason.

Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2011 :  07:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a note to say that I'd rather sell it all in the one package but will split it up if no one wants to buy it all.

Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  12:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No takers for the whole package so..... I'll sell it all as separates. Surprised really cos if I'd have come across someone selling it all in the one hit I'd have preferred to do have bought it all in the one hit cos I must have paid out about £60 -£70 worth of postage costs over the time on ebay.

Anyway.... I'll offer it all as individual items with the exception of the head (sorry Jason) I've decided to hang on to it just in case I blow the one I've got. They do come up on ebay from time to time but I really went out of my way to make sure this one was a good one.

Other thing I need to mention is that the exhaust manifold is missing it's flange to connect to the system. Looks as though someone sawed it off in order to remove it. Easy MIG repair but needs to be said.

Andrew (re: your enquiry).... I have emailed you but your email keeps bouncing back.

Tim.

Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  12:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by arrocuda

No takers for the whole package so..... I'll sell it all as separates. Surprised really cos if I'd have come across someone selling it all in the one hit I'd have preferred to do have bought it all in the one hit cos I must have paid out about £60 -£70 worth of postage costs over the time on ebay.

Anyway.... I'll offer it all as individual items with the exception of the head (sorry Jason) I've decided to hang on to it just in case disaster strikes me and I blow the one I've got. They do come up on ebay from time to time but I really went out of my way to make sure this one was a good one.

Other thing I need to mention is that the exhaust manifold is missing it's flange to connect to the system. Looks as though someone sawed it off in order to remove it. Easy MIG repair but needs to be said.

Andrew (re: your enquiry).... I have emailed you but your email keeps bouncing back.

Tim.

Go to Top of Page

jabe1807

Norway
192 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  17:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am looking for a Holbay camshaft. Do you have one for sale?
regards Jan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000