Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Spotted
 Sunbeam People Carrier!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Holbay120 Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 23:20:06
SUNBEAM made people carriers long before anyone else!

It's a Sunbeam F4 and I and my wife will have gone to school on it for sure!, come on where's your sense of humour? after all it is a Sunbeam!
Best Regards

David McKenna
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
janmarine3 Posted - 18 Sep 2010 : 19:47:48
actually I find it interesting too. I have seen the Sunbeam buses in scale model form on ebay, I was born & raised in Durban and I remember electric trolley buses , and rail buses - I travelled to school in them too in the 60's. The rails were still to be seen in the steets long after the last rail buses were gone. I think the same company built double deckers for SA with 12 cyl Rolls Royce diesel engines. I am not sure what they were named and I also wonder whether someone maybe transplanted a Holbay engine into one of them trolley buses and if the guys would have got to work on time
Wow, it is a long way back in time....Steam locomotives were still in use then as well , I did my time on steam locomotives in Greyville depot - in case somebody is from the same era.
Regards
Jan.
Holbay120 Posted - 18 Sep 2010 : 15:00:12
I had hoped someone would find it funny!, never the less it is a fact that in addition to cars and motorcycles Sunbeam made most of Britian's Trolleybuses.

David McKenna
janmarine3 Posted - 18 Sep 2010 : 00:11:24
Ha Ha ! Yeah, it's a Sunbeam
You make me think back quite a few years...my first car was a Hillman Minx, and I traded it in for a Hillman Arrow, I was very disappointed though , it was Hillman, but it was not really....it had a Peugeot engine, and a while ago I saw a late Hillman Minx in a barn, the guy wanted only R500 ( +- 46 pounds ) for the whole car, and I opened the bonnet very excited because he mentioned that the engine was overhauled completely before it was parked off, and there sits a Peugeot engine

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000