Sunbeam People Carrier!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  23:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SUNBEAM made people carriers long before anyone else!

It's a Sunbeam F4 and I and my wife will have gone to school on it for sure!, come on where's your sense of humour? after all it is a Sunbeam!
Best Regards

David McKenna

janmarine3

South Africa
286 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  00:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha Ha ! Yeah, it's a Sunbeam
You make me think back quite a few years...my first car was a Hillman Minx, and I traded it in for a Hillman Arrow, I was very disappointed though , it was Hillman, but it was not really....it had a Peugeot engine, and a while ago I saw a late Hillman Minx in a barn, the guy wanted only R500 ( +- 46 pounds ) for the whole car, and I opened the bonnet very excited because he mentioned that the engine was overhauled completely before it was parked off, and there sits a Peugeot engine
Go to Top of Page

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  15:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had hoped someone would find it funny!, never the less it is a fact that in addition to cars and motorcycles Sunbeam made most of Britian's Trolleybuses.

David McKenna
Go to Top of Page

janmarine3

South Africa
286 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  19:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually I find it interesting too. I have seen the Sunbeam buses in scale model form on ebay, I was born & raised in Durban and I remember electric trolley buses , and rail buses - I travelled to school in them too in the 60's. The rails were still to be seen in the steets long after the last rail buses were gone. I think the same company built double deckers for SA with 12 cyl Rolls Royce diesel engines. I am not sure what they were named and I also wonder whether someone maybe transplanted a Holbay engine into one of them trolley buses and if the guys would have got to work on time
Wow, it is a long way back in time....Steam locomotives were still in use then as well , I did my time on steam locomotives in Greyville depot - in case somebody is from the same era.
Regards
Jan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000