Petrol pipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  19:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if the pipe between the pump and the fuel tank is the same for all Series Rapiers? I have enquired about new fuel pipe and brake pipes for my Series V, the manufacturer apparently has dimensions for Series 1 to 3 inclusive but not on the Series 5. I rather hope that the fuel pipes are the same on all models.

jim

johnc

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  20:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again Jim,
I've looked in the Part Book and can only find reference to changes of pipe parts nos.relating to the early Series cars upto SIV.No reference to SV.
When I replaced the pipes on my SIV I just checked internal/external diameters and obtained Cunifer pipe to the correct size.
I fitted it in one length from the tank to pump with a short length of flexible petrol pipe at the pump end to avoid any vibration weakening.
I used the same approach with my brake pipes regarding size. I made them to the correct shape and my local garage flared and fitted the unions at no cost!
I do have to be a little more 'inventive'over here but usually find my solutions work fine.

Regards
John
Go to Top of Page

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  21:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been looking in the parts list too and of course I have found the same as John has, but i have also found refences to the series 5 and that shows that from series 4 with chassisnumber B 3300017 up to series 5 with chassisnumber B 325001197 the same petrol pipe is used.From series 5 with chassisnumber B 325001198 to the last of the series 5 is used the last type of the petrol pipe.

Regards,

Peter
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  21:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you gentlemen.
When I rebuilt an Austin A40 Farina saloon a few years ago, I bought a complete set of brake and fuel pipes from Automec. I was impressed with their accuracy, pipe lengths and terminal ends were spot on. I've just enquired about buying the same for a Rapier Series V, and they have information on the brake pipes but nothing on the fuel pipe! They told me that if I can supply accurate information on the brake pipe, and it was successfully fitted, they would greatly reduce the cost. I reckon I’ll just measure the length and end fitting, and send it on!

jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000