Weekend Break
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  01:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went down to Sheffield for the "Classics on the Moor" event, here's Jessica checking out of the hotel fully loaded with luggage and shopping, it's certainly giving the new leaf springs etc a stern test

David McKenna

Edited by - Holbay120 on 04 Aug 2010 01:52:03

janmarine3

South Africa
286 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2010 :  12:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your Sunbeam looks great ! What about adding those chrome fittings around the edges of the fenders too ...not sure about the originality issues though.
Go to Top of Page

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2010 :  15:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean to be honest, I try to keep her as original as I can and any accessories would only be ones which were available in the 70's ie the completely useless door mirrors!!

David McKenna
Go to Top of Page

janmarine3

South Africa
286 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2010 :  22:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes - sorry , I meant those stainless wheel arches to go with the stainless below the doors,whether it was a genuine ascessory in the 60's I am not sure, but I think it would look good.
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
549 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  10:27:32  Show Profile  Visit 1922's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the stainles wheel arch trims were fitted to US export models of the fastback because the only Alpine GT (US market Rapier) I ever saw had them.
Go to Top of Page

Jon

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  10:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not a fan of the chrome arches there rust traps and look a bit to bling for my liking

Hillman Avenger MK1 GT,
Commer PB Pick-Up x2,
Commer PB Panel Van,
Dodge spaceavn Auto sleeper,
Triumph Stag MK1,
Chevette HS x2,
Lancia Delta Integrale,
Fiat Mk1 Uno Turbo,
Go to Top of Page

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  11:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe VKP 580J which Paul (hanley) bought recently has them fitted, although I think they were originally intended for the Hunter shaped Sceptre, I wouldn’t fit them to my car as I like to keep her looking as original as possible and I also think they would be a rust trap
Regards Etc

David McKenna
Go to Top of Page

janmarine3

South Africa
286 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2010 :  20:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok. I see your points.I have been told by a few people that my car is too bling but others have complimented me. I have always wanted it like that.My dream is to have another totally original ser Rapier and a H120 in the next milenium maybe because there are none here. The garden already looks like a rose garden with the rootes growing upwards....
Go to Top of Page

Hanley

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2010 :  19:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I believe VKP 580J which Paul (hanley) bought recently has them fitted, although I think they were originally intended for the Hunter shaped Sceptre, I wouldn’t fit them to my car as I like to keep her looking as original as possible and I also think they would be a rust trap

Indeed it is, Were these not OE at all then? Does anyone know if it was an option or aftermarket?

BTW David,

Your car is simply beautiful! ( he say wiping a small amount of drool )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000